Healthy Kidz Mobile Application Data Protection Policy
Healthy Kidz is committed to protecting our users’ privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of user information very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information.
This Policy sets out the following:
- What data we collect and process in connection with your relationship with us as a user and through your use of our mobile application;
- What we do with that data;
- How we store the data;
- Who we transfer/disclose that data to;
- How we deal with your data protection rights;
- How we comply with the data protection rules.
- All data is collected and processed in accordance with Irish and EU data protection laws.
“Healthy Kidz” (referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” or “Healthy Kidz” in this policy) in this policy primarily refers to Healthy Kidz CIC is the “data controller” of all mobile application information that is collected and used about Healthy Kidz users for the purposes of [the UK Data Protection Act 2018]. Healthy Kidz is registered in Northern Ireland with registration number 644502 and registered address at Healthy Kidz, 4 Fox’s Glen, Lurgan, Co. Armagh, BT67 9ER.
What data we collect
Data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you, such as your name, school name, teacher name and extended family members signed up to our app.
We will collect school name, class teacher name and pupil name from your school when you sign up with us to use our website and / or App or when you contact us.
Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information:
- School name, Class teacher name, pupil name for app login;
- Information about your use of our App;
- The communications you exchange with us via letters, emails, calls and social media.
What do we use your data for, why and for how long
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- Pupils and family members input their data into the activity screen on the home screen;
- This information is used to tabulate in rank order (most activity to least activity) how active each pupil, class and school are;
- League tables of most active school and most active child will be displayed on homepage of mobile app;
We will not retain pupil and school data once they leave P7. For retention of information on your Healthy Kidz account, please see the below section about Healthy Kidz.
When we no longer need data, we will securely delete or destroy it.
Security of your personal data
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage. The data you provide to us is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information so that they can be used securely.
Sharing your personal data
Your data may be shared with others within the Healthy Kidz Group.
- Government authorities, law enforcement bodies, regulators upon formal written request;
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children. Accordingly, each school should be provided with a copy of this policy.
Pupils can only view their own class’s activity and teachers can only observe the activity of their own class. School administrators can view their whole school activity.
When our use of your data is based on your consent, you have the option to withdraw your consent to our processing data at any time by contacting our data protection officer via email. Email address is [email protected]
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) to oversee compliance with this policy. If you have any questions about this policy or how we handle your personal information, please contact the DPO at [email protected].
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to a supervisory authority. The UK Data Protection Commissioner is the lead data protection supervisory authority for Healthy Kidz as a UK data controller.
Your Data Protection Rights
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please email our DPO at info@Healthy- Kidz.com